Sunday 22 July 2012

Blissful Rain



Welcome to my side of the world, where there is no winter, summer, fall/autumn or spring. It's just the wet season and the dry season. Our climate is what researchers call the humid tropical climate.At the moment we are in the wet season(popularly known as rainy season). This season consists of high's and low's, that is, (especially the part I live in) it consists of three mini-seasons the long-rainy season, the short dry season and the short rainy season before the dry season comes along. Right now is the end of the long rainy season and it usually rains the heaviest at this time. 

Okay enough of the geography info, well as it was rainy(it stopped as I started writing this post) I thought of how much I wanted the sun to come but my friend once told me that I should be grateful. Yes, the rain prevents me from taking a walk or wearing my favourite sunglasses but I need rain as much as I need sun. Without the rain how would farmers grow crops? If it were sunny all through won't we feel extremely dehydrated? All I'm trying to say here is that God gave us the rain and the sun, and we should love them both equally, because they play equally important roles. 

Come Rain! Come Shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment